After a reorganization effort, since Fall 2015 our graduate program has many more regularly scheduled graduate courses.
Our grad students work their way toward MA or PhD, usually while simultaneously serving as teaching or research assistants. On the way to PhD students take qualifying exams in two of four areas: algebra, analysis, applied math, and topology.
We are excited to welcome the entering class of Fall 2019, pictured above.
Ruth Haas is the graduate chair since 2017.
Matthew Lorentz won the UH Manoa Math Department’s 2019 Graduate Excellence in Teaching Award.
- 2019: David Webb (Kjos-Hanssen)
- 2017: John C. Robertson (Willett)
- 2016: Jamal Hassan Haidar (Harron)
- 2012: Geoffrey Patterson (Chyba)
- 2011: William DeMeo (Freese)
- 2008: Austin Anderson (Smith)