Recipients of an undergraduate degree in mathematics study:
- real analysis in one and several variables,
- linear algebra and the theory of vector spaces,
- several mathematical topics at the junior and senior level,
depth at least one advanced topic of mathematics, an approved two-course
In addition, students acquire the ability and skills to:
- develop and write direct proofs, proofs by
contradiction, and proofs by induction,
- formulate definitions and give examples and
- read mathematics without supervision,
- follow and explain algorithms,
- apply mathematics to other fields.
Finally, recipients of an undergraduate degree in mathematics learn about research in mathematics.