Don Krasky's Math 135, Precalculus I Page
Don Krasky's Math 134 Page
Fall Semester 2015
Course announcements will be posted here. Check back periodically.
- [Aug. 23] Read the course syllabus. (Obtain copy from instructor)
- Course Syllabus
- Homework 1 Due Tuesday Sept. 1st
- Homework 2 Due Tuesday Sept. 8th
- Quiz 1 will be this Thursday 9/10 and will cover up to but not include the key number method.
- Homework 3 Due Tuesday Sept. 15th
- Homework 4 Due Tuesday Sept. 22th
- Quiz 2 will be this Thursday 9/24 and will cover the key number method through rationalizing the denominator. It will not include completing the square and circles.
- Homework 5 Due Tuesday Sept. 29th
- Homework 6 Due Thursday Oct 8th, As people seemed to have a bit of trouble with this topic the homework will be due Thursday
instead of Tuesday. I suggest you attempt to finish the homework by Tuesday so I can answer any questions that may come up.
- Quiz 3 will also be next thursday 10/8. It will cover circles and completing the square through what we have covered this far on functions.
- Homework 7 Due Tuesday Oct. 20th
- Our Mid-Term is on next Thursday, the 22nd. I suggest everyone go through at least one of the practice exams in the book before then as we have covered a lot of material.
We will have a review session on Tuesday. I will answer all questions, then have some review problems picked out if there is time.
- Here is a Practice Midterm. I suggest you try the problems first before checking them with the solutions.
- Homework 8 Due Thursday Nov. 5th
- Midterm Solutions Here are my solutions to the midterm. They are a bit brief, so email me if you would like a more complete solution to any problem.
- Quiz 4 will be this thursday 11/5. It will cover "Inverse Functions" and "Quadratic Functions". You should know basic facts about the domain and range of a function versus its
inverse, how to find an inverse function, and how to determine whether two functions are inverse, along with all the material from "Quadratic Functions" including how to solve word problems.
- Homework 9 Due Thursday Nov. 12th
- Homework 10 Due Thursday Nov. 19th
- Quiz 5 will be this Thursday 11/19. Here is a Practice Quiz 5 to help you prepare.
- Homework 11 Due Tuesday Dec. 1st
- Homework 12 Due Thursday Dec. 10th
- As an opportunity for extra credit you may hand in a completed Practice Final. I will replace your lowest quiz score with the practice final score.
TuTh 10:30-11:30, W 12:30-1:30, or by appt. - Don Krasky
Math 134 textbook (Errata)
If you wish to use the computer lab, check the
schedule for available times.
Math 140 web page
University Student Conduct Code
Mathematics Department Academic Expectations
MATH Class Availability
Final exam schedule
Department placement exam.
Additional practice assessment exam 1
and exam 2.
Tutoring is free in Bilger Addition 209 at the Learning Emporium
Tutoring is free at the Learning Assistance Center