The National Science Foundation (NSF) has selected UH Math Professor Michelle Manes as a Program Director in the Division of Mathematical Sciences (DMS). She will work with a team to make funding recommendations in the areas of Algebra and Number Theory, and she will serve on several other special programs at NSF.
From the NSF website: “DMS supports research in mathematics and statistics, training through research involvement of the next generation of mathematical scientists, conferences and workshops, and a portfolio of national mathematical sciences research institutes.”
Manes’s appointment began in September, 2018 and may be renewed for a second year. During her appointment, she will be living in Washington, DC.
Times and location confirmed for Fall 2018 in bold.
- Analysis Seminar. Tuesdays 3:30 – 4:20 pm in Keller 401
- Noncommutative Geometry Seminar. Wednesdays 1:30-2:20pm
- Number Theory Seminar. Wednesdays 3:30pm–4:30pm, Keller 301
- Logic Seminar. Mondays 2:30-3:20, Keller 314
- Applied Math Seminar. Wednesdays at 3PM in Keller 402.
- Department Colloquium. Fridays 3:30pm–4:30pm, Keller 401